Monday, January 19, 2009

A few Updates




So much so little time. A lot has happened in the past couple of weeks. Andy started kindergarten on January 7th. I really like his new teacher and Andy seems to be doing really well. The only regression we have seen is his vomiting come back. I stopped it with an acid reducer. I think he has anxiety when things change which causes acid reflux. The other issue we have been dealing with is his sleep patterns. He has been waking around 1:30 am and sometimes staying up until 8:00pm the following night. Todd and I have been taking turns waking up with him, but it is taking a toll. One of our therapists suggested Valerian Root. It's a supplement that helps with restful sleep. Andy has been taking it for almost a week and we are seeing good results. He will now sleep until 5:30 or 6:00am, and there have been a few 1:30am wake ups but he has been able to fall back a sleep. Everyone I talk to says the key to feeling better is a good night sleep. I have no idea when I will start feeling better. My hope is that someday soon Andy will sleep until 7 or 8am so that I can start getting some good sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment