Sunday, June 28, 2009

It's been too long!!


I can't believe that my last post was in February. Time seems to slip away from me.

A lot has happened in the past months. We moved, I started back to school to become an RN, Andy turned 6, and we took a trip to Disneyland.

There's never a dull moment around here. We have been working hard since April to get Andy to stop spitting up (the nicest way of putting it). Throughout the day he can bring food backup effortlessly. He plays with it, painting the walls and windows of his bedroom. He can do this up to 20 times a day. At times I think I am going to pull all my hair out. I am so tired of cleaning it up, I clean windows, clothes, and bedding daily. We are working with Andy's GI doctor to get a handle on this problem.

Disneyland was amazing, our first family vacation since the diagnosis. They really try hard to accommodate people with special needs. We got a special pass for Andy that allowed us to bypass the long lines. There is no way that Andy could wait. We took him on every ride but 3. He wasn't tall enough for Indiana Jones and California screamer, and we were worried that Space Mountain might bring on a seizure. He loved every ride especially Pirates of the Caribbean. The thing enjoyed the most was meeting his favorite characters Winnie the Pooh, Eeyore, Tigger and Mr. Incredible. His face lite up like nothing I've ever seen before. He smiled from ear to ear. I couldn't hold back the tears of joy. The other great thing about Disney is that they have added GF/CF items to their restaurant menus. It made it so much easier for us, we only had to take a lunch and snacks for Andy. I'm looking forward to our next trip. I'm working on a slide show of all the pictures that I can upload to the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment