Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Where Should You Start If You See Signs?

Where to start if you suspect your child might have signs of Autism?

Start with your Pediatrician (they should know the basic signs to look for)

Get a referral to a Psychologist (Our son needed a psychological evaluation and diagnosis to receive services)

If you have a Reginal Center contact them right away to get an appointment

Contact your local support group (can be found on Google or any search engine)They have many resources and can supply you with a lot of help

Go to a DAN Conference (there are so many parents there ready to lend a helping hand)They have financial services available (Fall Conferences on the West Coast; Spring on the East Coast)
Research ABA programs in your area and get your name on the list as soon as possible (waiting lists can be long)

The most important thing is: YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment